21 year old Jenny Bird and Kathryn Kaintz, both from the USA, and Kirsty Major from UK have spent the last several months initiating various projects in our Dharamashala cluster to address some of these health care issues at the grassroot level. "We have incorporated a few project activities aimed at addressing these need gaps, and to get to know and understand the health needs and concerns of the community better."
|Jenny Bird conducting health surveys with some of the community women|
- Community health care surveys to assess the health care issues and level of health care awareness in the community;
- Adolescent health care awareness workshops in schools;
- Nutrition, hygiene and wellbeing workshops during our Girls Club and Young Women Association meetings;
- Connecting with the local public health care facilities including the traditional Ayurvedic hospitals to try to create good linkages with the rural communities, and;
- Community sanitation and waste management education and activities.
- Annual medical check up and record-keeping for the marginalised migrant community
|Medical health camp with the migrant women|